Point Of Grace

An online journal of a newlywed on the journey of marriage -- going through the different tides, the highs and the lows, the various points in life with the flaming desire to reach a point of grace. And with pun intended, this journal is my little space where I intend to share my thoughts and day to day experiences my point of view, the point of Grace.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, United States

Born and raised in Manila, Philippines but have been joyfully living in Mount Joy, PA, USA for several years now. Got married last February 2005 to a wonderful guy. Lovin' being Mrs. GGG!

Previous Posts Far and Wide Chums


Layout by mela
Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fighting the sniffles...

Ive been stuck at home all day, feeling achey all over, with stuffy nose, headache and scratchy throat. It started Monday night when I felt a cold was coming, I took Airborne and loaded up on vitamin C. I know it wasn't going to prevent it or cure it but Im hoping that it will lessen the severity and shorten the duration of the symptoms of a bad cold or flu.

I went ahead and followed my Tuesday schedule, ending the day with a quick to the salon. Ive been meaning to get a haircut for the longest time so I set the appointment last weekend and decided that though I am fighting the sniffles, I should just go ahead and show up at the salon. So I had a haircut - chopped 6 inches from my hair. Its still long though despite all that hair gone, it can still be tied up on a pony tail and its still a few inches past my shoulder. Im turning a year older next week and wanted to welcome that with a haircut. hahaha! :0) Had my brows waxed too and in half an hour, I was done and off to meet the tub of hub a.k.a. Patrick.

We decided to have dinner at Macaroni Grill and after waiting for 15 minutes, we were finally seated. Since I wasn't feeling well, I decided to just got a big bowl of their pesto mushroom soup and Patrick had their chicken salad.

So we had a nice dinner until it was time to get our check. It took a long time before the server brought our check and when it finally came, Patrick slipped his credit card in that black leatherette folder where they had the check. The server came and took the folder and then the long wait starts. It took her forever to bring us back Patrick's card. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the manager approached us to tell us that the server lost Patrick's card and that he and the other servers will be looking for it. So we had to keep waiting... we waited for another 20 or so minutes until we both felt it was time to go. They have not found the card and so its probably the case that someone picked it up and didn't surrender it to an employee. So we left and as soon as we got home, Patrick reported the card as missing and cancelled it.

We didnt hear back from the Macaroni Grill manager who said that he was going to call as soon as he finds it.

Now, not only was the server not apologetic (in fact, she even tried to avoid us after the manager revealed that she -- the server, lost our card), they didnt even offer us something while we waited. Not even coffee or tea or dessert... not that we wanted to take advantage or we needed anything but it would have been nice if they offered since they were causing the delay to begin with.

Anyway, so Patrick is waiting for that replacement credit card and I hope it arrives soon.


On a lighter note, despite the sniffles and the achey muscles, Im delighted because our new dishwasher arrived today and Patrick is working on hooking it up and getting it all set up. We decided to buy a GE Nautilus Convertible Dishwasher.


| Gracie G. posted at 4:23 PM | |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com