Point Of Grace

An online journal of a newlywed on the journey of marriage -- going through the different tides, the highs and the lows, the various points in life with the flaming desire to reach a point of grace. And with pun intended, this journal is my little space where I intend to share my thoughts and day to day experiences my point of view, the point of Grace.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, United States

Born and raised in Manila, Philippines but have been joyfully living in Mount Joy, PA, USA for several years now. Got married last February 2005 to a wonderful guy. Lovin' being Mrs. GGG!

Previous Posts Far and Wide Chums


Layout by mela
Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thirty!

I turned 30! Its an end of an era in my life. I feel so much older perhaps because 30 seem to be so far away when I was in my teens and twenties. I used to relate the age 30 with maturity, self-fulfillment and security -- financially, career-wise and serious relationships and or raising a family of your own. I feel old but Im still as childlike as always but the concept of mortality and the nagging health issues Ive been having these past few months bother me a lot.

For my 30th birthday, Patrick and I took the afternoon off and decided to go to King of Prussia. Then we had a late lunch at The Bamboo Club Asian Bistro. The restaurant is known for its amazing Asian cuisine and ambience. Patrick gave me a shopping spree at the Sanrio store (I didnt buy a lot, I was not in a shopping mood on my birthday!), he also gave me a bouquet of roses. Then, we visited more shops, I got to do some early Christmas shopping and then we had light dinner at The Cheesecake Factory Restaurant because we wanted to have room for dessert. We split an appetizer and had a slice of cheescake each. Patrick ordered the original style cheesecake while I had a brownie sundae mousse cheesecake. Yum, yum! Then we went home. That was pretty much how my birthday was! We got home sometime after 10 pm. When I checked our answering machine for messages, I was glad to hear that several people from different corners of the US and the Philippines called to greet me a Happy Birthday. My cellphone was full of messages too and some people emailed as well.

So thank you to all of you who remembered my birthday. Big thanks to Patrick --for making my birthday fun and all the hot pink and silver gifts, add to that the Hello Kitty lap desk and micro fiber blanket, Sandra --for the Grey's Anatomy DVD, Precious moments figurine and Hello Kitty notepad, Benz, John and Kite -- your gift is a delight! It will be a nice touch in our Hello Kitty themed bathroom, Raquel -- for the Hello Kitty overnight bag, my sister and family -- the nice blouse, Peachy Pie -- for calling and chatting with me even if you are paying for the overseas call. Thanks again, everyone!

Being thirty makes me want to make changes, good changes in life, I have a long list of the things I should do, achieve, improve and even get rid of. I'll let you know how that turns out. In the meantime, I know that the following weeks will be a series of medical related activities. Im not looking forward to that but Im hoping for good results.


| Gracie G. posted at 3:20 PM | |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com